In the landscape of initiatives aimed at skilling Ukrainian refugees, internally displaced persons (IDPs), and communities within Ukraine, the ‘Refugee Skilling and Support‘ project takes center stage as a stellar example of impactful collaboration, delivering activities that bring about transformative changes for the beneficiaries.
Financed by Accenture and expertly implemented by YMCA, this project is lauded on two very relevant websites:
- “Civil Society Organisation and Business Team UP for Skill” on the European Union / European Year of Skills website – and
- “Specific Activities for the Labour Market Integration of Ukrainian Refugees in Maramureș (Romania)” on Iterreg Europe website.
On the European Year of Skills portal, the collaboration between civil society organizations and businesses stands out as a beacon for skill development. The “Refugee Skilling and Support Project” is showcased as a prime example within this initiative.
- Tailored Skill Development: Recognizing the importance of customized approaches, the project focuses on identifying specific skills needed in the local job market, ensuring refugees, IDPs, and community members receive targeted training for successful integration.
- Strategic Collaboration: By aligning the efforts of civil society and businesses, the initiative promotes synergies, creating a more effective and sustainable model for skill development and employability.
- Digital Literacy Integration: Understanding the contemporary demands of the job market, the project emphasizes digital literacy, providing participants with comprehensive skill sets for today’s workforce.
- Community-Centric Approach: Acknowledging the vital role of community in successful integration, the project contributes to building strong community ties, fostering a sense of belonging among refugees, IDPs, and community members.
- Comprehensive Support: Beyond professional skills, the initiative offers holistic support encompassing language acquisition, cultural integration, and psychological assistance, ensuring a well-rounded approach to empowerment.
- Knowledge Sharing: As part of the Interreg Europe platform, the project actively shares its best practices, contributing valuable insights for other regions seeking effective strategies for integration.
The “Refugee Skilling and Support Project” by YMCA, powered by Accenture, emerges as a consistent and impactful force in both initiatives. Celebrated as a best practice, this project stands testament to the transformative potential of collaborative efforts in empowering and integrating Ukrainian refugees, IDPs, and communities into their new environments.
About YMCA Europe: YMCA Europe is a leading youth organization committed to empowering young people and promoting social justice. With a presence in [number of countries] countries across Europe, the organization works to provide educational, employment, and leadership opportunities to young individuals, fostering their personal growth and contribution to society.
About Accenture: Accenture is a global professional services company dedicated to delivering innovation and solving complex challenges for clients across industries. Through its corporate citizenship initiatives, Accenture aims to build a more inclusive and sustainable world, supporting organizations that drive positive change and make a lasting impact.
The Accenture Foundation has been set up to – directly or indirectly – support the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, with a focus on quality education, decent work, economic growth, and climate change. The Foundation focuses on initiatives that overall contribute to the responsible citizenship goals, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, and – more specifically – Accenture`s Skills to Succeed initiative.