Building upon the YMCA Europe Response elaborated in the immediate aftermath of the eruption of a full-scale war in Ukraine; guided by the extensive experience and know-how in conflict transformation work, the “Roots for Peace” project especially considered; and In its pursuit to meet the emerging needs of those affected by the wars in our continent, with a particular focus on children and young people – YMCA Europe is announcing this pilot Call for Applications within the framework of its new “Camp Europe” Initiative.
The overall aim of “Camp Europe” is to build resilience amongst children and young people affected by the violent conflicts ongoing in and around Europe (Ukraine especially considered), to this end offering safe-space through YMCA summer camps for relief and rehabilitation, trauma-healing and integration.
YMCAs in Europe that demonstrate capacities in relief and rehabilitation, trauma-healing and integration services for war affected children and young people are invited to apply. Substantial experience in conflict transformation work will be considered as an added value.
Regional or local YMCAs are eligible to apply, but with the endorsement of the National Movement of which they are a part.
All proposed interventions are required to fall within the above mentioned overall aim of the “Camp Europe” initiative and are to be held in the form of residential summer camps.
The maximum sum requested should not exceed 10 000 EUR. Own contribution of at least 10 % of the total budget is required. Volunteer time and in-kind contributions will be considered as eligible.
Minimum 50 % of direct beneficiaries of proposed projects must be war affected children and young people, living in war zones (e.g. Ukraine) or refugees. Within integration activities the participation of the host community representatives is anticipated and welcome, as long as their number does not exceed the percentage indicated above.
Eligible Costs: Board, Lodging, Transportation, Activity Costs, Materials & Supplies, Expertise & Facilitation, Administration (maximum 10%).
Disbursement of the project funds is subject to a formal agreement to be signed between YMCA Europe and partner organization, assuming the following responsibilities for the recipient entity:
- As part of the contracting process to provide YMCA Europe with implementation plan, timeframe and budget breakdown of granted project.
- Upon the completion of the project to provide YMCA Europe with narrative report, including the list of participants, summary evaluations (if available), and visual (video, photo, publications, etc.) materials.
- Upon the completion of the project to provide YMCA Europe with financial reports, incl. the proofs of expenditure (receipts, checks, etc.) and/or audit resolution.
- Ensure the visibility of the project with the YMCA Europe logo, as well as with the reference to YMCA Camp Europe initiative to appear on any document, publication, website, etc. linked to the project.
- 80% of funds will be provided upon the signature of the contract and prior to the start of the project.
- Remaining 20% of funds will be provided upon the submission and approval of financial and narrative reporting.
No Cash Transactions are allowed.
APPLICATION, ACTIVITY & REPORTING TIMEFRAME
- The deadline for applications is May 31, 2023. “Camp Europe” Application form is provided as an attachment to the Call and is available for download here.
- Applications must be sent in electronic format to campeurope[at]ymcaeurope.com. Selection will be carried out by YMCA Europe Task Force. Contracting process is to be completed by June 30, 2023.
- All projects must be completed by September 30, 2023.
- All Narrative & Financial Reports must be submitted by November 30, 2023. “Camp Europe” Narrative & Financial Report forms will be provided upon project approval.