“Leadership Academy” Project is a tool of YMCA Europe, created to assist YMCA National Movements in developing talents and skills of their young leaders.
Our aim is to empower young people by equipping them with relevant knowledge so they live as active citizens, promote social change and strengthen their movements as bearers of democratic values and change-makers.
The goal of the project is to promote civic engagement of young people through enhancing their capacity as leaders for local communities.
- Promoting social inclusion and peace as a core value of youth work;
- Promoting youth participation, its values and forms (on the basis of “Have your say” manual and European Charter on
- Participation of Young People in Local and Regional Life);
- Equipping young leaders with necessary knowledge and tools of change-makers (vulnerability and social inclusion, needs assessment, creating a social project, CSO (Civil Society Organisation) with its mission and democratic governance, advocacy and communication);
- Promoting International cooperation of leaders of local communities;
Target group: near 30 young leaders of CSOs (from approximately 15 European countries), 18-35 years old, who take or are going to take governing or managing positions in their CSOs (acting or potential Board members, staff).