As new generations of leaders are growing, we want to ensure their growth as professionals and create an International network.
The "Leadership Academy" will consist of 3 sessions and fulfillment of homework between the sessions. Each session will last for 4 full days.
Schedule of the sessions:
I session: 21-26 March 2017, Czech Republic, Litomysl
II session: 11-16 June 2017, Moldova, Chisinau
III session: 7-12 November 2017, Belgium, Brussels
The dates of the second and the third sessions can be changed a little with the agreement of the participants
The participation to all sessions is obligatory!
The "Leadership Academy" invites about 30 participants from various countries of Europe thanks to funding coming from the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe.
The participants of the "Leadership Academy" will receive knowledge and master their skills in topics as:
1) Leadership: human rights, human rights based approach, leadership in an NGO, main competences of a leader, self-development, etc.;
2) Governance: democratic governance, governance and management, functions of governance bodies, main responsibilities of the Board;
3) Strategic planning: mission awareness, social relevance, understanding the needs of the target groups, how to make a strategic plan;
4) Advocacy: the notion of advocacy, political system and decision making process, levels of social participation, instruments of advocacy, partnership and cooperation;
5) International cooperation: global citizenship, peculiarities of International work, Inter-cultural communication.
Homework will include:
- After the 1-st session: the participants of the "Leadership Academy" deliver "Seminars on Governance" to the Board members in their NGOs;
- After the 2-nd session: the participants elaborate and implement socially relevant mini-projects aimed at answering the needs of the target groups and providing adequate services for young people.
The project’s team:
experienced YMCA leaders and trainers, including Tina Larionova (YMCA Russia President, a trainer), Martina Hudcovska (YMCA Europe Financial Executive Secretary), Ilenia Ventroni (YMCA Europe Advocacy, Project and Fundraising Officer), Olga Lukina (YMCA Europe Regional Assistant for Movement Strengthening and Project Management, a trainer), Magdalena Gawronska (Head of external relations at the Ministry of foreign affairs of Poland), Crawford Bell (YMCA Scotland Senior Youth worker, specialist on governance) and other experts.
The methodology of the training course will be based on interactive methods of education.
Criteria for choosing the participants:
- Active or potential Board members of YMCAs (National and local Boards) and other NGOs with a potential to grow further, aged 18 to 29 years old;
- The participants should clearly understand and agree for participation in all three sessions and fulfill homework;
- The participants (or their YMCAs) pay participation fee at the first session. The amount is below.
- The participants should possess a good command of English to be able to communicate;
- The participants should send a motivation letter stating why they want to be part of the training course "Leadership Academy".
The project team will agree the selected participants with National movements.
The responsibility of National movements:
- To provide mentoring at all levels, especially at the stage of mini-projects’ implementation and organizing seminars on governance;
- To provide further involvement of the participants in YMCA activities at local and national levels.
The participation fee is 880 euro. Partial or full subsidies are available. YMCA Europe covers 1/3 of the total cost of these seminars, while the Council of Europe will cover the 2/3. The participation fee mentioned above covers travel cost, board, lodging and training itself for all three sessions.
Deadline for applications: January 25th 2017.