Goal of the educational course is to promote civic engagement of young people through enhancing their capacity as leaders of local communities and civil society organisations
- Youth Participation
- Vulnerability and Target groups
- Inclusion, Discrimination, Equality
- Needs Assessment
- Civil Society Organisations and their Mission
- Socially Relevant Projects’ Design
- Leadership and Management. Strategic Planning.
- Fundraising and Partnership
- Governance. Part I
- Governance. Part II
- Communication and Non-Violent Communication
- Advocacy Campaigns
- Policy Paper
The topics are united into 3 logical Sessions for better comprehension.
Each Session has Introduction and Evaluation Lessons.
- Links to web pages and documents
- Sharing personal opinion
- Selecting correct options
- Matching terms and definitions
- Providing missing words
- Sorting lists
- Studying documents of CSOs
- Providing short reflections, etc.
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
- people involved in non-governmental organisations/civil society organisations (NGOs, CSOs);
- aged from 16 years old;
- people having motivation to learn the key aspects of CSOs and grow as leaders of CSOs;
- people having so far not much experience as leaders of CSOs.
YMCA Europe is a non-governmental organisation which is supported by membership fees, private donations and grants.
We do our best to apply for grants for our educational projects to be able to provide low-cost or free services for young people.
We always do our best to be inclusive in terms of costs: the price should not stop a young person to receive education!
YMCA Europe will be thankful if you can contribute by a voluntary donation for this course within the amount of 20-100 euro. The more you donate, the more young people from disadvantaged background can be included to the educational programmes of YMCA Europe in the future.
The costs mostly cover the administration of the platform and staff involvement.
The way to donate:
- To YMCA Europe Donation Page
- Fill in the amount
- In the line “Use the donation for”, choose YMCA Leadership Academy
- Choose the method: PayPal or Credit Card
- In the message, please, put “Voluntary Donation for YLA from Name, Surname”
As it is an online course you are free to follow your own pace.
As we are going to provide mentorship and get you in touch with other students, we would recommend you to complete the course within 1 March – 31 October. In August no feedback will be provided because of the summer holidays.
The participants who completed the course will receive Certificates from YMCA Europe.
Criteria for receiving the Certificate of completing the online course “Leadership Academy”:
- Completing all practical tasks as the proof of comprehension of the material and engagement
Enter The Class of Leadership Academy here.
You will appear at the Stepik educational platform.
If you haven’t used it before, you will be asked to complete a simple registration. Please, put your Real Name and Surname, so we can follow your engagement!
Enter Lesson ONE: Introduction and follow the suggested logics of the course, taking lessons and steps one by one, without jumping from lesson to lesson.
If you have passed a lesson and need to recall some theory, you can always come back and see it.
The Platform Stepik has also an APP if it is a more convenient way for your study.
WHAT TO DO FIRST?
Then enter the course and enjoy it!
For any questions, please, email to olga[at]ymcaeurope.com