The YMCA Europe Working Group on Refugees (WGR) is planning a working conference for YMCA practitioners in Europe who work with refugees and migrants with a special focus on Ukrainian refugees.
- 27th January 2023 – 27th January 2023″]
- Place :
- ONLINE – at 17:00 CET.
We aim at a group of maximum 25-30 practitioners from YMCA's on local or national level who have practical experience in the work with refugees and migrants in different working areas.
To be sure that we will have the right persons with practical experience in this conference, participation will be on invitation.
The refugee/migrant related working areas we aim at are:
- (Resolving) tensions in refugee centres and with local inhabitants
- Work with children
- (Mental) health issues
This working conference aims at the following outcomes:
- Exchange of experiences and identifying challenges in each of the above themes
- Formulating recommendations/developing tools for improving YMCA work with refugees
- Developing joint projects and further work
We aim at presenting the results too at the 50th anniversary of YMCA Europe in Berlin (28th. June-2nd. July 2023).
Please send your suggestions for participants and facilitators (including their email addresses and their field of expertise) before the end of the year to the organisers of the working conference to Ed Eggink, at ed[at]ymcaeurope.com