The theme is commemoration in Ukraine and other countries – Babi Yar.
- 12th September 2021 – 19th September 2021″]
- Place :
- European Youth Centre Budapest, Hungary
The goal of the project is to discuss with the youth of Ukraine and other nationalities the tragic events of World War II in Ukraine and other countries on the example of events in Babi Yar.
And also to influence the worldview of modern youth on understanding the lessons of war to prevent such in the future.
During online zoom meeting we will discuss what commemoration should look like today.
Young participants from Ukraine and other countries will talk about the following questions:
- How can we remember the victims of the Second World War in a proper way?
- How can we learn about the history in our everyday life? How can we make it more interesting?
- How can we work in our local communities on commemoration?
We want to play our part in contributing to a memory that is made interesting for future generations.
Date: 21st of January 2021, 6.30-8.30 (EET), 5.30-7.30 (CET)
Target group: Young people, every person who is interested and between 16 and 35 years old can participate. Also English level should be enough to communicate.
Register: until 20.01.2020, fill in the form: https://forms.gle/fkL4H7DfnRM4vpP16
Schedule of the meeting:
1. Getting to know each other
2. Discussion of the movie about Babi Yar (will be sent to registered participants)
3. Ways of commemoration
Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85914735715
Participation fee: online event will be free of charge
Contact people: Viktor Serbulov (YMCA Ukraine), email@example.com
Or Taia Zhernosiekova (YMCA Ukraine), firstname.lastname@example.org